Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Time to make the Donuts

In the 11 years I've been in the IT recruiting game the last couple of weeks of December has traditionally been  'burn unused vacation' time.  Technically I generally don't ever completely unplug - I stay attached to my desk via my iPhone and terminal server - but its nice to not make the commute and spend the bulk of the day letting work pile up.  All in all it was a good mix of time off and keeping up with business so I could come into the office this week without being a month behind.

That time of year is always predictably unpredictable.  There's been years where the only email coming across my inbox is SPAM.  Other years we've had more business than we can handle.  The good news is this year leaned more to the latter.  Our job order list grew,  we had people interviewing for jobs right up to the last minute and we had a decent run of placements this year.

I asked my recruiting team to develop a list of goals for 2012.  I think Kim nailed it when she sent me a picture of her kids with a goal of making sure they were cared for when she was at work.  I like having people that keep life and work in perspective.  Its all good here at RiverPoint.

No comments:

Post a Comment